The tables had the most beautiful local flowers!
Popcorn Crawfish Salad w/ Honey Chipotle Vinaigarette
Vanilla Crepes filled with Crow's Dairy Butter-Pecan Goat Cheese topped with Carmel Sauce
Here are a couple of the standout recipes from the class!
Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette (Makes aprox. 1 quart)
6 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
6 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tsp Herbs de provence
2 Tsp Sugar
2 Tsp Garlic, minced
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
3 Oz Water
3/4 Cu Honey
2 Ea Chipotle chilies in adobo
2 Cu Olive oil blend
- Place all ingredients in a large measuring cup.
- Use a stick mixer to emulsify and blend well.
- Taste and adjust salt if necessary
- Keeps well in glass dressing jar or plastic containers for weeks
- Can be used on salad, grilled vegetables or as a marinade
Cucumber-Melon Salsa (Makes aprox. a quart or 8 servings)
1 lb Cucumbers
1/2 lg Honeydew Melon (or any)
1 Lg Red Bell Peper
1 Sm Red Onion, diced
1/4 Cu Rice Vinegar
1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Lg Limes, juiced
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 Bunch Cilantro
2 Lg Jalepeno Peppers
- Peel cucumbers and seed if desired, cut into medium dice.
- Peel and seed melon nd cut into medium dice.
- Julienne bell pepper and dice.
- Chop cilantro and mince jaleapeno if using.
- In mixing bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, salt, lime juice and pepper together to dissolve. Whisk in oil.
- Add cucumber, melon, peppers, and cilantro to dressing and toss until lightly coated.
- Use as topping for chicken, fish or even with chips!